Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A lovers Last Letter


A single smile freed a heart to fall in love
And set gentle melodies and burst of color into the fabric of my soul
But a single breath meant the difference between life and death
And cut my promise of forever and your heart in half
A single tear brought the walls of your life crumbling down
And the mourning flood washed the joy from your beautiful face
My darling, life is a dangerous gamble that we all must take
If death traded my life to be your angel to bring you a little luck
Then with these wings let me brush against the heavens
Paint the sky a beautiful shade of hope
And illuminate all that is around you
So that when tears blur your vision
The radiant glow of love's touch reminds you that I never left
That I am here, with you...Forever

(Picture: 'Iridescent Clouds' by Pixie Led)

1 comment:

Charlie Cakes said...

I adore the imagery that you offer... i feel the words spread across this entry may, themselves be drenched in the striking color that you call: Hope.